Many so called WordPress experts will tell you to edit your footer.php file to modify the footer credits of a theme. This is a bad idea because if you make a mistake, you can break your site and spend hours trying to recover. Additionally, with each theme update it will overwrite your changes and you will have to do the process all over again. With the Remove Tesseract Footer Credit Plugin you can remove the footer credit just by activating the plugin and replace it by adding some text to a box. Follow the steps below to learn how. If you have any questions or comments, please post in the comments section or contact me here.
How to Use
- Click here to download the plugin.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel or Like my Facebook page below and you will be shown a download link for the plugin
- Here is how your footer looks before the plugin
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins -> Add New
- Click Upload Plugin
- Click Choose File
- Select zip file downloaded in step one and open
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate Plugin
- The Tesseract footer credit will now be gone. To change your footer credit continue below.
- Go to Tools -> Remove Tesseract Footer Credit
- Enter content to replace footer credits and click Save
- View your website to view your changes
- If you have any questions, please post in the comments or contact me here.
- Please support me by linking to upwerd.com somewhere on your website.